Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need:
- Lotus Bites – 1*17g packs of Tomato and Beetroot Lotus Bites
- Frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, peppers, broccoli)- 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Canned chopped Tomatoes – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp. If you are more adventurous you can add in 1 finely chopped green chilli
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Aniseed – 2 pieces
- Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp optional
- Cashew nut powder – 20 g
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Coconut Oil – 2 tsp
- Himalayan Rock Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnish
What To Do:
- Heat a pan with oil. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic, cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add in the canned chopped tomatoes, red chili powder (and finely chopped green chilli optional), garam masala powder (optional), coriander powder, turmeric powder, aniseed and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low flame for 4-5 mins till the oil separates.
- Add in the cashew nut powder and stir well, let it cook for 5 mins.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables, lemon juice, Himalayan rock salt to taste, 3/4 cup water, mix well, close with a lid and let it simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add Organic Turmeric Lotus Bites, simmer for a minute and switch off the stove.
- The Lotus Bites will absorb the water and the gravy will thicken as it cools down.
- If you are going to cook this curry ahead, add the Lotus Bites in, just before reheating and serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Naan Breads or Basmati Rice and enjoy the mix of different textures of some soft Lotus Bites and some crunchy ones in a spiced gravy!