About our Lotus Bites
Natural, Yummy & Tazty
Lotus Bites are roasted lotus seeds seasoned with nutritionally rich natural ingredients to make them crunchy, yummy and tazty! They are made of 100% natural ingredients. You will never find any artificial flavours, colours or preservatives in our Lotus Bites.
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians.
Dairy and Gluten free.
Learn more about our Lotus Bites
- Lotus seeds are an aquatic crop used in Ayurveda & traditional chinese medicine.
- A Superfood - A ‘Good source of Iron’. Iron contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, normal function of the immune system, reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal cognitive development of children.
- Known for its exceptional nutritional and medicinal qualities, it is also termed as ‘God’s food’ in the Indian culture! Lotus seeds rank high in its ‘Food Completeness Score’, as it is a source of Iron, Fibre, Protein, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Iron, Calcium, Zinc and antioxidants.
- Lotus seeds are a good source of Phosphorus. Phosphorus contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth and bones, normal function of cell membranes and energy-yielding metabolism. Phosphorus is needed for the normal growth and development of bone in children.
- The seeds contain alkaloid constituents that relax the nerves and the muscles. They also promote sleep. Restlessness and nervousness – even depression – have been treated traditionally using the seeds.
- Lotus seeds contain L-isoaspartyl methyl transferase, an enzyme with anti-ageing properties including skin repair and regeneration. It is known to help in repairing damaged proteins.
- Lotus seeds contain Kaempferol, a natural flavonoid which prevents inflammation. Kaempferol acts as an antioxidant by reducing oxidative stress. Many studies suggest that consuming kaempferol may reduce the risk of various cancers, and it is currently under consideration as a possible cancer treatment.
- It is low in saturated fats and rich in protein, which means they are good to satiate mid meal hunger pang, so enjoy them guilt free!
- Lotus bites have a low glycemic index, which means it is a great source of slow release carbohydrate to keep energy levels stable – perfect for eating on the go for adults and children, at your desk, or as a post-gym snack. You could even enjoy them at the theatre or cinema!
- Lotus seed contain magnesium. Magnesium being the greatest channel blocker, improves the blood, oxygen and the flow of other nutrients. Its nutrition content of magnesium and folate should help bring down the risks associated with coronary heart diseases and other heart related conditions.
- According to Ayurveda, Lotus seeds have astringent properties that have specific benefits to the Kidneys, helping restore vital energy within the body.
Yes, Too good to be true...
So grab a pack of lotus bites, enjoy the crunch and yumminess and all these added health benefits will come as a bonus!